Intermountain Forensics is committed to providing AFFORDABLE Forensic DNA services.
1) We commit to providing NONPROFIT pricing... always
2) We utilize a COST+ pricing strategy to pay for operations and maximize value to our submitting partners
3) We include a capped surcharge to our cost to INVEST in the laboratory
4) We actively seek to REDUCE cost with grants, fund raising events and public donations
5) We EVALUATE our costs quarterly to lower our fees as our costs are reduced
6) We apply continuous improvement techniques to increase EFFICIENCY and cost effectiveness
7) We SUPPLEMENT our public crime laboratory partners to maximize Forensic DNA resources
8) We maximize affordability on our CORE mission: Cold Cases, Sexual Assault Kits and Unidentified Bodies
9) We ensure FLEXIBILITY to offer services beyond our core mission to meet the needs of our partners
10) We promise to constantly strive for a future in which we can provide our services FREE of charge
Updated: May 27, 2020
Scheduled Update: July 1, 2020
PRELIMINARY REPORT: Preliminary report includes DNA Extraction and Quantification (Stop at Quant). A laboratory report is issued to provide invaluable information about further testing, if any. Decisions on whether and how to proceed are made in case consultation with IMF staff.
CORE PRICE: Submissions that align to our core vision: Cold Case investigations (3+ Years), Sexual Assault Kits and Unidentified Bodies. Pricing is COST+ 15% lab investment surcharge.
FLEX PRICE: Submissions that are not directly aligned to our core vision but still fills a need that aligns to our mission. Examples include "warm"/active investigations, property crime, non-criminal genetic genealogy. Pricing is COST+30% lab investment surcharge.
SEXUAL ASSAULT KITS: Pricing based on Intermountain Forensics Sexual Assault Kit processing policy. (See resources >
CASE CONSULTATION: Forensic DNA Casework is a collaborative process. We want to assure you that any consultation before, during or after case processing will be free of charge.
DISCOUNTED CASEWORK: Submissions that require limited processes (e.g. submitted extracts that do not require DNA extraction) will be discounted as costs decrease. Please contact us for information.
NEXT GENERATION SEQUENCING:
DNA Signature includes CODIS approved Short Tandem Repeats (STR), Y Chromosome STRs (YSTR), X Chromosome STRs (XSTR) and identity Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (iSNP).
DNA Signature + includes CODIS STR, YSTR, XSTR, iSNP as well as phenotypical SNPs (eye color, hair color etc) and ancestry informative SNPs.
Seminal Fluid Identification: RSID-Seminal Fluid
Saliva Identification: RSID-Saliva
Instrument: M-Vac System
Extraction Kit: Qiagen DNA Investigator Kit
Extraction Liquid Handling Robot: Qiagen EZ1 Advanced XL
Differential Extraction Liquid Handling Robot: Qiacube Connect
Quantification Kit(s): Qiagen Investigator Quantiplex Pro (default), Applied Biosystems Quantifiler Trio DNA Quantification Kit
Quantification Instrument: Applied Biosystems Quant Studio 5
Traditional DNA Profile
Next Generation Sequencing
NGS kits(s): Verogen ForenSeq DNA Signature Prep Kit
NGS Instrument: Verogen MiSeq FGX